my lungs are too tight
my heart is sick
the blood I lost brought on no drought
it’s seeping still
I’m bleeding out
I keep every word you never said
in a bag tucked away
at the head of my bed
I seep into your world of pain
the dark night of the soul cries out
we are not swans
no lies, just love
what is all this leaving about?
And you all now look the other way
you never promised you would stay
(no one ever does, for me
I’m not “the one who got away”)
and death has such a fragile way
of reconnecting lost hearts
and you think, well that’s a start
but it always seems to dissipate
within a short few days
And letting you be
just a mere memory
is letting go of time
and love and hate
we correlate
to strong for us to rhyme
They mean the same
like guilt and blame
we forever will remain
you stole so many beating hearts
the best now gone forever
one less, to share our name.
No comments:
Post a Comment